The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half

Notices

Old 29-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #201
John_Arne
Key Player
TD Member

John_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to all

I want the France away shirt - can't find it anywhere over here. Not even the legit Nike stores are stocking it.
Old 29-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #202
Ian
World XI Player
TD Member

Ian has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond repute

That Lyon shirt is ace.
Ian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #203
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

Wullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond repute

The final official preview of ours before the unveiling when we wear it vs Reading tomorrow.

As they're going with the whole '50 years since becoming Sky Blues' thing, they're essentially copying the kit from that point:

Wullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #204
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

Wullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond reputeWullie has a reputation beyond repute

Hellooooo, Cincinnati.
Old 30-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #205
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Star Player: Simone Pepe
Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

That's a nice shirt.

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Vim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #206
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

It's probably just the lighting, but the shade of blue and the sponsor being white when everything else is dark blue is almost as if they're trying to de-emphasise the sponsor somewhat. I'm in danger of buying a new football shirt at full price at this rate.
Old 30-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #207
Toby
Good Friends With Physio
TD Member

Toby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond repute

I like the cuffs on that. It's good to see a long sleeved shirt that's actually designed as a long sleeved shirt. Adidas could learn a thing or two.
Toby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #208
Multi
Hermann Mueller
TD Member

Multi has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud of

Top kit that, liking the socks as well.
Multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #209
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

They wore it today and it's a lot paler than our current one, you could barely even make out the sponsor. I like it a lot, I'm going for the long sleeve probably.

Here's the short for the record:

They said that usually Puma offer about five or so template designs and it goes from there, but obviously this time it's a bespoke effort.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #210
Pen
Motherland's Finest
TD Member

Pen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud ofPen has much to be proud of

Certainly worth all the building up that, looks very nice.

I'm gutted I missed the real time updates from you on friday/weekend, though. I knew I should have put the thread on rss feed, almost like missing christmas.
Pen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #211
Tommo
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Tommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to all

The new Arsenal kit.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...icture-gallery

I like the goalie shirt.
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #212
Benny
Footballing Icon
TD Member

Benny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best use of Photoshop/MS Paint 
Total Awards: 1

Awful, IMO.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #213
Ian
World XI Player
TD Member

Ian has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond reputeIan has a reputation beyond repute

I like that Cov one.
Ian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #214
Tommo
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Tommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to allTommo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Awful, IMO.
Yeah, really bad. I really hoped we'd just go with the cannon and some kind of wreath saying 125 year anniversary or something.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #215
John_Arne
Key Player
TD Member

John_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to allJohn_Arne is a name known to all

That Arsenal shirt looks like every other Arsenal shirt, ever made, in the history of time.
Except for that kitchy little cherry kit a few years back.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #216
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaldo Venaldo View Post
Certainly worth all the building up that, looks very nice.

I'm gutted I missed the real time updates from you on friday/weekend, though. I knew I should have put the thread on rss feed, almost like missing christmas.
The Twitter feed I set up for it was trending ahead of some kind of wedding too, the internet was agog with excitement. You missed out big time.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #217
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

http://www.football-italia.net/may2p.html

New Milan, not keen. They look like Bournemouth now.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #218
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Vim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to allVim is a name known to all

Ew. Ew. Ew.

Nike, sort yourselves out.

"At Juventus winning is not important, it's the only thing that counts." - Giampiero Boniperti
Old 02-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #219
Toby
Good Friends With Physio
TD Member

Toby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond reputeToby has a reputation beyond repute

That's adidas.
Toby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #220
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

I was referring to the Arsenal kit.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #221
Multi
Hermann Mueller
TD Member

Multi has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud ofMulti has much to be proud of

Has a bit of the Van Basten days jersey feel to it doesn't it. Don't think it's too bad actually.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #222
FrancisWalsh
Buttmunch
TD Member

Managing: Bristol Rovers
Season: 2014/15
Division: Conference
Position: 1
Star Player: Jamie White
FrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud ofFrancisWalsh has much to be proud of

Jesus what's with that Arsenal crest?
FrancisWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #223
Taz
Luis Suarez's Lover
TD Member

Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz Taz

Smaller stripes

This will invariably be a 'big stripes ' post in a seasons time as I get bored of the status-quo and the striped clubs revert to a change.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #224
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

I'm currently in a 'big stripes ' period now, so this Milan kit and the new Barca kit are just fugly to me.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #225
Coyote of the Sea
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Managing: Man City
Season: 2014/2015
Position: 1
Star Player: Aguero
Coyote of the Sea is on a distinguished road

From a few weeks ago so not very new but couldn't pass it up:
Girondins de Bordeaux 11/12

I like the Home kit, but the away looks horrible, and pretty bleh on the 3rd as well.
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/...ts-leaked.html
Coyote of the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #226
Baz
Banned
Banned

Star Player: Torres
Baz will become famous soon enough

Does anyone here aged 17+ actually plan on buying a football shirt this year, for anything other than to play football in?
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #227
Simon.
Resident LAD
TD Member

Simon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud of

Nope.

I will get on soccertriads at the start of the season and get a couple to go training in, though.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #228
Multi
Hermann Mueller
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Does anyone here aged 17+ actually plan on buying a football shirt this year, for anything other than to play football in?
Other than whilst playing football or attending a match, I don't really think it's appropriate for a 20-something year old to wear a football shirt.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #229
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

I'm getting our new one, but as Multi mentioned it won't be used outside of either going to or playing football. Possibly lazing about the house.

Where else would people wear them?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #230
Chris
Key Player
TD Member

Chris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud ofChris has much to be proud of

Dependant on what Umbro provide for me I'll be getting ours, I mostly wear footy shirts whilst at home because they don't need ironing
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #231
Simon.
Resident LAD
TD Member

Simon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud ofSimon. has much to be proud of

Although, they do make you smell.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #232
VidarOrn
Hot Prospect
TD Member

VidarOrn is on a distinguished road

I wear my Arsenal top occasionally to the gym, maybe if I go down to the pub and watch a game with other Arsenal fans (which I almost never do) I'll wear it. But mostly I wear it when playing football.

@Wullie of course
VidarOrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #233
SvN
has self re-cocking-spect
TD Member

SvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud ofSvN has much to be proud of

I use mine to go to the gym, play squash in, watch football in at the pub, and occasionally lounging around.
SvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #234
Baz
Banned
Banned

That's why.

Watching football at the pub is fine. Watching it in a football shirt is just bad.

Wearing it to a game's bad enough, but to a pub...
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #235
kweli/
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

kweli/ is on a distinguished road

You're possibly the last person who should be lecturing others on image.

Wer kämpft kann verlieren, wer nicht kämpft hat schon verloren
kweli/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #236
Baz
Banned
Banned

I'm not the one who wears a football top on holiday; in a pub; on a night out; to nip to the shops; to watch footall in.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #237
Weaver
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

Weaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really niceWeaver is just really nice

Give it 20 years and all of us will be "that" guy who wears a fucking tight home shirt when we have beer bellies bigger than necessary.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #238
SpokesmaN
The Fool on the Hill
TD Member

SpokesmaN is a jewel in the roughSpokesmaN is a jewel in the roughSpokesmaN is a jewel in the roughSpokesmaN is a jewel in the rough

A football top on a night out? Who the fuck does that?
SpokesmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #239
Al0ntelli
Banned
Banned

Al0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really nice

Are football shirts comfortable to wear? Last time I had one was a decade ago and felt like shit.
Al0ntelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #240
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

They are comfortable enough until your armpits start getting sweaty and smelly, which is after about 30 seconds. It must be the texture and material, surely, as it doesn't happen with any other shirts other than football tops.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #241
Benny
Footballing Icon
TD Member

Benny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond reputeBenny has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Best use of Photoshop/MS Paint 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokesmaN View Post
There was some fella at my workplace (quite a posh hotel) wearing a Chelsea shirt last bank holiday Saturday night. Just didn't seem right.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #242
Multi
Hermann Mueller
TD Member

I remember last year I was out at some club, and I saw a fellow wearing a Michael Owen Liverpool top. Romanian men.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #243
Vim
Thom E. Gemcity
TD Member

Fucking hell. Nike really are shit this year.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #244
Simon.
Resident LAD
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokesmaN View Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #245
Multi
Hermann Mueller
TD Member

That inter kit is fucking delicious, you're crazy.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 PM   #246
Wullie
World XI Player
TD Member

Probably either just the picture or my eyes, but they don't look like black stripes.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #247
Tommo
Due For Testimonial
TD Member

I thought that Wullie. The collar looks black and the alternate stripes look navy.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #248
FG
misses Dolly
TD Member

FG is a jewel in the roughFG is a jewel in the roughFG is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
The Dugout Premier League Cup 

Aye, they do look navy. Lovely kit though.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #249
angeldust
Indispensable To The Club
TD Member

angeldust is a glorious beacon of lightangeldust is a glorious beacon of lightangeldust is a glorious beacon of lightangeldust is a glorious beacon of lightangeldust is a glorious beacon of lightangeldust is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
Grappigste user Beste user 
Total Awards: 2

Really like that Inter kit as well.
angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #250
Raoul Duke
DEATH TO THE WEIRD
TD Member

Raoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud ofRaoul Duke has much to be proud of

That AC Milan kit is quite sexy. Reminds me of one of their older kits.

The Dugout Football Manager Community > The World Around > The Third Half