The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2009

Notices

Old 28-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #301
DK
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: QPR
Season: 2009-10
Division: Championship
Position: N/
Star Player: Lulinho
DK is on a distinguished road

Wait till you hear about my train smash this season. I have used Frankys tactic for five seasons. Brilliant tactic.

I was QPR and you might have seen in earlier posts.

First season, I got promoted via the play offs. Brought Stephen Appiah for free and he was brilliant and ran the show with Martin Rowlands.

The second season, i finished mid table, about 10th,

Third season about seventh.

Fourth season, qualified for the champions league by finishing fourth and also got to the final of the league cup. Amazing and purely because of the tactic and coaches.

I was having an incredible fifth season till 10 games to go. I was 10 points clear of Arsenal on top of the table but had to play Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle in those games...grim. I was in the semi final of the Champions League after beating Barcelona and AC Milan on the way. Lost the first leg 2-0 to Inter and thought...awe well, at least I got to the semi. I got to the final of the FA Cup as well to play Man City.

Then the unbelievable happened. Kept winning along with Arsenal until I played them. Lost 2-1...now 7 points clear, then beat Chelsea 4-1 and they won too, then beat Newcastle and then lost to Liverpool....now 4 points ahead. I then lost to Man City 6-1......1 point ahead. Then won my second last match against Stoke and Arsenal drew....now 2 points ahead. Last match against Sunderland away. Surely the title....the unthinkable....QPR to win the title. My team were geared up to play this mid to low table team. WE LOST 2-1 and played the worst game of the season. Arsenal won and won the title by a point in the last game. Gutting!!! I was close to tears. It didn't end there. God was not finished dealing me my fatal blow....

Second leg against INter. I am 4-0 up with 10 to go. What a come back from the first leg. Disaster...they score two in the last 10 minutes. Lose on the away goals rule. All their players are on crap form ratings for the match, Most under 6.5 with some under 6, mine are sky high. Devastated.....it didn't finish there.....

FA Cup final against City. 0-0 and into extra time. Penalty shoot out would suit me now. They go one up and then I start to cry....this can't happen. It must be a bug in the system. I then score and I stop myself crying and get ready for the penalty shoot out.....120 +3 They score!!!! I am staring at the screen at 1 in the morning with my wife in bed after I promised at 10pm that I would be up in a minute. What a waste of a season.....all that effort for nothing. In five seasons, I have brought QPR from the Championship mid tablers by way of Franky's tactic to this lofty height but I have never won a single trophy but am incredibly successful........

Thanks Franky brilliant tactic as long as you get the players with pace and work rate. I am sure I am amusing some people with this story and others are looking...nodding as they too have experienced that heart ache.

I don't know how I am going to get the enthusiasm to do next season!!!
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #302
ekaiksel
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Genclerbirligi
Season: 2011-12
Division: Super Lig
Position: 1
Star Player: Arnautovic
ekaiksel is on a distinguished road

Been using this tactic recently in my Genclerbirliği / Ivory Coast career.

Short and simple review of the tactic for me: Working like magic for most of the season, however fails badly against teams that are using real wingers like me.

Beaten West Ham in EURO Cup qualification, qualified for group stages, won against Bayern Munchen both home and away (0-2 away and 3-0), next round eliminated Bayer Leverkusen (2-3 away, 3-1 home), lost against Shakthar in 2nd knock out round with 2-2 home, 3-2 away with a last minute goal. Long story short, Europe was ok.

However in domestic league, lost stupid games against far weaker sides than my team. Media prediction for my team is 6th place. We started good to the campaign but because we lost 6 stupid games we're going to finish 2nd, 5 points behind champions Galatasaray.

With Ivory Coast, won African Cup of Nations with clear results.

Quite impressive tactic to be honest, easily the most powerful attacking force i've ever seen in FM09, however in big games on of the tactics Guido gave in 'Building Tactic for dummies' thread works better since it's more balanced i believe.

Thank you for sharing, much appreciated.
ekaiksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #303
col33
Trialist
TD Member

col33 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for a superb tactic.

I have been playing as sunderland and had some incredible success.

08/09 9th - normal position I get for the first season but I did win the FA Cup
09/10 5th -never finished this high with sunderland
10/11 2nd - won FA Cup
11/12 5th - won FA Cup & Champions League Final
12/13 1st - finally win the title

Your tactic is so like the Man Utd team of 94 as it feels like we will score one more goal than you, and if the forwards are having a bad day he defenders will step and get you out of a hole.

Like many I had problems with the back 4 getting booked or sent off so I brought the tackling down from hard to normal with noticable less cards and no more chances allowed.
I also noticed in forzza's reviews that he complimented the fullbacks in one particular tactic (simple 442 - I think) and copied their player instrutions and found the fullbacks dont go walkabout at all making the back 4 much tighter and yet still contributing to the attack (although not asmuch) think irwin & parker rather than neville & silvestre.

advise to anyone trying the tactic out
- be patient, the results will come & after five & a half season it is still not be cracked by the AI.
- read the instructions left by franky at the start, then when you have used it for a while go read them again for the answers are there.
- work rate & pace

Again thanks for a superb tactic.

col
col33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #304
Legatus
Trialist
TD Member

Legatus is on a distinguished road

where i have been going wrong all this time when i have played football manager is getting too upset with the game when i dont win anything in a season. i usually quit and start again. i have been doing well as well, like i have tried a few games with man city and i finished third which is a great first season but i didnt win anything so i go annoyed.

then i tried this tactic and i finished the league 4th with man city and lost away in the fa cup 5th round to arsenal and away in the league cup quarters to liverpool so i was like, well bad draws what can you do BUT i won the EURO cup! so i was happy, i had finally after playing fm 08 and fm 09 won something! I have never won anything, never got promoted or anything before this.

Then second season i was astonished i hadn't got the hump and quit and was like nice one lets see what happens. I was pretty much top of the table all season and i won the league by a point having lost only 2 league games and only drawn 5 (i think). I won the league cup too and the FA cup and i also won the champions league.... haha what more could i ask for. Well... i didn't win the euro super cup but who gives a shite about that. i lost that to inter 2-1 but realistically i didnt deserve it. they just had two rediculous long shot screamers that my keeper had no chance of saving.

so i have just started my third season and its great that i can do something with all the money they keep giving me and sign the best of the best.

so i have learnt that your team probably...with any tactic, need a season or more to gel and then you will get success so be patient!

PLAYERS I BROUGHT TO CITY THAT HAVE BEEN AMAZING. THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE YOUR TEAM GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT THE REST!!! People who arent man city will have to get what they can afford but here are the recomendations for this tactic.

Federico Fazio DC (second season prob cause expensive, think i ended up paying 33mil)

Joseph Yobo DC (1st season def purchase cheap enough 7mil or something)

Christian Zapata DC (1st season cant remember how much but he is young and brilliant)

Darijo Srna DR (1st season def purchase 12mil??? vice captain)

Miguel Veloso MC (1st season def purchase)

Angelo Palombo MC (1st season def purchase)

Gokhan Inler MC (2nd season for rotation as midfield get tired easy)

Antolly Tymoschuk MC (1st season if you can afford him, He should be your captain and he should score all your pens and get a few long shots)

Yury Zhirkov AML (1st season definite purchase 14 mil???)

John Fleck FC (this is a wonderkid he is 16 at beginning of game and you should be able to get him for 2mil. 2mil is an absolute bargain for this kid when you see his stats. Get Roninho to tutor him and play him in easy games for 60minutes in the first season. He will probably get you about 10-15 goals doing this and his stat points will go up by about 40 total points. keep doing this playing him a bit more as he gets older and by the time he is 21 he will be amazing i'm certain.)

Now: If you have enough money then get the following (if you're thinking you need a better striker Caicedo is good enough for your first season - he got me 24 goals as long as you have players like zhirkhov setting him up!)

Giuseppe Rossi FC (I got this guy in jan transfer window and he was good. But then i recieved a bid in the next jan transfer window of 53 mil for him and the board accepted it on my behalf. but i think i found an even better guy in my replacement he has been brilliant so far. He is quick strong a finisher and a header! and he is young so he will get better. he is Federico Laurito - get him!)

Alex Teixeira AML/R - play him in a similar way to fleck and he is good as a back up if either one of your AML or AMR get injured. I wouldnt bother playing him upfront unless you have a catasrphy in which your strikers are all injured or suspended but city have plenty of backups who are better in front of the net.

Note that all these players are excellent and soon enough you will have many bids and managers talking their praises so expect unhappy players when you tell them they are not going anywhere but it shouldnt hurt too much and when you start winning they stop being so mardy!

Third season you have a strong enough team and so you can start just going mad buying silly players cause they just gave me 130mil for my third season and i have a winning team already so i deciced to get Arsenals Clichy for 85mil cause Garrido isnt a good enough back up to bridge (who is now the backup for clichy haha). also you might wanna replace Onuoha as your 4th defender with someone who you can happily rotate so do a search for pace, acc, posit, tack, mark, head, jump all greater than 15 and take your pick as i cant remember who i picked now and he might turn out to be shit anyway so...

I plan in the future to get Fabregas and get rid of one of the other midfield but im not sure who yet.

I had 120mil accepted for ronaldo but he didnt wanna come. i think maybe another season of success and i might coax him for the 4th season.

Hope this helps people win!
Legatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #305
Winston
A.k.a. mattydalton
TD Member

Winston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus View Post
i deciced to get Arsenals Clichy for 85mil cause Garrido isnt a good enough back up to bridge (who is now the backup for clichy haha)
Fucking hell!!! You should have got Vargas - he would only have cost about 20m in the second season and he's awesome!!
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #306
RivaOni
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Arsenal
Season: 2008-09
Division: Premier League
RivaOni is on a distinguished road

Just started FM09 with Arsenal, put this tactic into practice but Pat Rice keeps commenting that theres a gap between defence and midfield that needs closing, any tips?
RivaOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #307
Winston
A.k.a. mattydalton
TD Member

Winston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivaOni View Post
Just started FM09 with Arsenal, put this tactic into practice but Pat Rice keeps commenting that theres a gap between defence and midfield that needs closing, any tips?
Yeah, ignore him!
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #308
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Managing: Donny rovers
markpitchford is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky View Post
While I agree with everything else, positioning is strictly a defensive attribute and in no way linked to attacking play.
any particular reason ? my thought was that a striker having good positional sense would help his game as combined with off the ball would get him into the best positions at the right time.

as for my game lost out on haynes to barnsley

got 3m in the bank and really struggling to get any decent players in to improve the squad .
markpitchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #309
Legatus
Trialist
TD Member

Legatus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydalton View Post
Fucking hell!!! You should have got Vargas - he would only have cost about 20m in the second season and he's awesome!!
Yeah but they keep giving me 120million and you lose it if you dont spend it so i had it left over in april from my second season and was like well fuck it then i'll just bid for big names for the lols.
Legatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #310
Helmerzinho
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Newcastle
Season: 2010/2011
Division: FAPML
Position: 3
Star Player: Jonas
Helmerzinho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WEll i got vargas, and he haven't been amazing from LB possition.

He takes all my freekicks and was for me a natural choice when i looked to replace mathieu. ( french LB AMAZING).
Matieu is the best LB ive had in this formation so far, and i sold him to chelseas for 190mill as he was 29 and i wanted a replacement with even more deadly free kicks and more pace.

So far Vargas has played all matches, but not impressed. I guess he needs more time to settle down.

I got Guardado as AML

and fleck as backup striker for Keirrison and marquinho.

also AMR is Obasi and in difficoult matches i use Russotto as he is wicked to dribble the back and create chances. Obasi is overal better i think but Rus can do a lot more on his own.

GK i use Akinfeev and have Renan as backup, but last season Renan played 19 matches and had 18 cleans sheets ><
Akinfeev played the rest and let in a lot more goals than the two renan did..

im thinking about getting adler, but not 100% sure yet... who will i sell???

Veluso and Zuculini on midtfield is good and veluso is the only midtfielder that have scored 3 goals in a match!

going to bed now

good night fellow addicted!
Helmerzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #311
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

after recent posts and to see how i work with a "better" team i've put my donny game on hold and having a go with man city.

brought in vagner love and goran pandev (?sp's), moved robinho out left, srna for rb/lb, Zhirkov for lb/aml and veluso/muntinho (?sp) from sporting for the midfield with da jong and fernandes.

currently 10 games in and i've already lost love/pandev and robinho for between 2 and 4 months, bellamy can't stay injury free for more than 1 game so have sturridge and evans up front.

defence wise got dunne and richards suspended for 3 and 5 games .

had an awful draw with fulham 1-1 with them scoring in the last minute, beat man utd 3-0 and on the back of that got battered 3-0 by arsenal , managed to roll over liverpool in the league and league cup, but lost 1-0 to chelsea after a poor performance by us .

holding onto 2nd place behind chelsea and doing well in the euro group stages.

good thing from this so far is that i can see that i'm not doing too much wrong with donny, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 30-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #312
Franky
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Wycombe Wandere
Season: 7th
Division: EPL
Star Player: James Tomkins
Franky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh2k9 View Post
Hi im thinking of using this tactic but before i do could someone please tell me what formation this tactic works best against. cheers
It works well against any formation but best against a 4-2-4 or 2-4-4, the AI's hyper attacking formations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglet90 View Post
Hey Frank, I was unable to download the training schedules. So i was wondering if you could upload the link to rapidshare or something like that, or instruct me how to do it??? Is it essential that I have the training schedules??
Can somebody please upload the training schedules and post the download link. I'm having trouble finding any decent hosting sites.

I would say the schedules are quite important if you want your players to develop into the type needed for the Blitz tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymoo View Post
What youth training would you recommend for this tactic, as to develop/nurture potentially good players.
I don't use any youth training schedules other than the default ones. Once the youth players have reached 17 and are good enough to receive a professional contract, they have plenty of time to develop properly with the training schedules I have provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodlum View Post
Franky after your tip i tought vagner love the preffered move to try and beat the offside trap but which striker should i play him as, left or right. or does the postion not matter.
The strikers swap positions throughout the game, so it makes no difference whether you start with him on the left or right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaiksel View Post
Been using this tactic recently in my Genclerbirliği / Ivory Coast career.

Short and simple review of the tactic for me: Working like magic for most of the season, however fails badly against teams that are using real wingers like me.
This is because you probably don't have hard working enough centre mids and full backs. As I've said before, a high (15+) work rate attribute is imperative.

Quote:
You should have got Vargas - he would only have cost about 20m in the second season and he's awesome!!
I agree, Vargas is immense. A magic wand of a left foot and scores free-kicks like no one else. His inswinging corners are also really deadly. On top of that, he has excellent attacking attributes from open play and to top it off, he's defensively sound as well. In fact, he's so good that in my Man Utd game, Patrice Evra is his backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpitchford View Post
any particular reason why positioning is strictly a defensive attribute ? my thought was that a striker having good positional sense would help his game as combined with off the ball would get him into the best positions at the right time.
Positioning refers to where a player positions himself when the opposition have the ball. The defenders will have a higher positioning attribute because they need to ensure their positional play does not leave an opposition player unmarked. Most strikers will just wander around without being too concerned about where they position themselves because their defensive duties are obviously not as important as the players behind them.

Positioning attribute for the following players....

Karim Benzema - 8
Sergio Aguero - 9
David Villa - 8
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 9
Samuel Eto'o - 8

Would you refuse to have any these players in your team due to their poor positioning attribute? The thing to bear in mind is that if positioning was an attacking attribute, these players' positioning rating would be a lot higher.

Last edited by Franky; 30-07-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #313
ekaiksel
Trialist
TD Member

Quote:
This is because you probably don't have hard working enough centre mids and full backs. As I've said before, a high (15+) work rate attribute is imperative.
Work rate stats of my

1st choice DR: 15
2nd choice DR: 14

1st choice DL: 15
2nd choice DL: 17
3rd choice DL: 14

Best MC: 15
Second MC: 16
Sub MC: 16
Young MC: 17

Seems you're right, especially in wings i appear to lack work rate, however it's strange when you consider success in EURO Cup.

Anyway, i was approached by champions Galatasaray.

26 games played
22 games won
3 drawn
1 lots (against Real Madrid, away; won 4-1 at home : )

It sure working like charm especially if you have a quality squad.
Old 31-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #314
ekaiksel
Trialist
TD Member

Completed the super treble and won Turkish League, Turkish Cup and Champions League with this tactic and i still CAN'T believe it!

Won Confederations Cup with Ivory Coast after beating Brazil in group stage and Italy in the final.

Old 31-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #315
Deckard
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Tottenham
Season: 2014/15
Division: Premier League
Star Player: Sanchez
Deckard is on a distinguished road

Ive been using this tactic on my new Chelsea save as an away/difficult game tactic when I dont see my attacking home 2-2-2-2-2 working. Even a change at half time from my attacking tactic to yours can make a big difference. Ill often use it to shut down a game.

For instance, on my tactic I scored 4 in the first half, but the team couldnt keep it going for 90 minutes because of the high work rate required, so I switched to a (slightly) modified version of this and just shut the game down.

I have yet to lose a match.

HOWEVER for some reason, Peter Crouch was able to carve up this tactic and score 2. Luckily we scored 3, but still, Peter Crouch was able to break through the lines against Terry and Fazio. Other than that, a solid tactic.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #316
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Positioning refers to where a player positions himself when the opposition have the ball. The defenders will have a higher positioning attribute because they need to ensure their positional play does not leave an opposition player unmarked. Most strikers will just wander around without being too concerned about where they position themselves because their defensive duties are obviously not as important as the players behind them.

Positioning attribute for the following players....

Karim Benzema - 8
Sergio Aguero - 9
David Villa - 8
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 9
Samuel Eto'o - 8

Would you refuse to have any these players in your team due to their poor positioning attribute? The thing to bear in mind is that if positioning was an attacking attribute, these players' positioning rating would be a lot higher.

cheers, that makes sense, never been in a position to sign the players or quality of players listed so never noticed that .

this game is so predictable sometimes , chasing down chelsea with my man city game and they just kept winning, then i got a chance to overtake them as man utd held them to a draw.

i host bolton who are 4th from bottom goal diff of -20 and have only won 2 games away from home of 11 played, they take the lead in the 3rd minute and hold on until the 87th minute b4 we get the equaliser, leaving chelsea in front again .
Old 03-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #317
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

interesting little experiment with man city, won league cup and euro cup, came 2nd behind chelsea by 10 points, but i wasnt going to catch them with 3 games to go so played youngsters, finished up beating man utd by 1 a point .

if i go back to the game i'll be looking to strengthen the defence as we leaked too many goals, a good 15 or so more than chelsea.

went back to my doncaster game, managed to get a decentish young centre defender and cameron jerome from birmingham, along with resigning contracts etc im over budget which isnt making me very popular with the board, but this is hopefully being balanced with me refusing other jobs.

had a great start to the season, been in the top 6 all from the off, currently 20 games in and all of a sudden the injuries have started to hit home.

2 of my 3 main central defenders are out, both my aml's are out, down to 1 player for amr , only place safe at the moment is the centre of midfield so fingers crossed.

21 games in and i'm lying 4th, just 3 points between me and top, but on the downside only 4 points between me and 7th .

getting battered a fair bit but the team seem to be holding it together, still a worry around the box when the seem too willing too give the oppostion midfield a bit too much freedom.

so its with a bit of trepidation that i'm waiting to get home from work and hammer on towards a possible promotion, say a prayer to the fm gods for me if you get chance .
Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #318
martinwcoop
Trialist
TD Member

martinwcoop is on a distinguished road

Hi franky in my third season and I decided to sell steven taylor in the end and bought sakho. I also sold welbeck and anelka and bought balotelli for 9.5 mil! A steal in my opinion. This is my team as follows:

gk Ochoa/ Krul
rb /Azculietta (not sure on spelling!) /D Simpson
lb Monzon/kadar
cb Bassong/ k Pearce
cb Sakho/ Mancienne
cm Javi Garcia/ Zuculini
cm Moutinho/ Delph/ Lansbury
lm Ochorosil/ S kalou/
rm P Leon/ Lajic
fc Balotelli/ Aquino
fc Necid/ Saivet

As you can see there is still room for improvement, however my new players are really starting to gel and I reckon we could end up with atleast one trophy. As you can see I have a considerably young squad, i prefer to have as many young wonderkids as i can because after a couple of seasons they become world cass players.

I have tried to get each player to learn a new preferred move in training however it is quite difficult to get the majority to agree to it. Will keep you posted how i get on. Also I would like to ask a random question! How long does it take a foreign player to learn English? I would like to give moutinho the captaincy however he doesn’t speak a word of English so decided against it. Does it matter that much if he cant speak English? In real life it would but maybe im just looking to much into it.
martinwcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #319
kameyol
Trialist
TD Member

kameyol is on a distinguished road

yo franky...this one really blitz the hell out of me...hahaha...currently with chelsea after wholeselling 7 - 8 players in the first season...

with new players gelling in, i'm currently 30 match unbeatean with a record of 11 consecutive wins!!! on top of the table, leading by 7 points...

marquinhos just join the team and he already managed to score 8 goals in 14 games!!!...(@&#@#$^@#..truly inspiring signing as spokeperson said...

a 1000x thumbs from me for this tactic...
kameyol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #320
josh2k9
Trialist
TD Member

josh2k9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh2k9
Hi im thinking of using this tactic but before i do could someone please tell me what formation this tactic works best against. cheers
It works well against any formation but best against a 4-2-4 or 2-4-4, the AI's hyper attacking formations.
So franky what your basically saying is that if the AI uses any of the two formations above my team will play better and have more of a chance of winning if i use this tactic.
josh2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #321
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

just coming to the end of the 2011 season and i've managed to get doncaster promoted to the prem via the play offs after a run of 9 games unbeaten at the end of the season

main concern is the defence, still got battered by championship teams, and i've got battered by prem teams when i've played them in the cups .

on the plus side ended up 2nd highest scorers behind the league winners .

had to sell one of my promising midfielders cos a few prem teams came in for him and it wasnt doing anything for moral.

not sure if its a bug but somehow the board have come up with 21m and wages of 140K for me to try and avoid relegation, as well as starting work on improving the training facilities.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #322
sincere312
Banned
Banned

sincere312 is on a distinguished road

i used to use my own version of a 4231 with my man city, but now im in 2015 and wanted to change to a 442, i won everything with my tactic and now im going to give this one a whirl ill keep you posted
sincere312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #323
blondsta
Trialist
TD Member

blondsta is on a distinguished road

Hi all sorry for being anoob but how and where do you download the traing schedule?
blondsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #324
ianhall
Trialist
TD Member

ianhall is on a distinguished road

Talking

hey jst started using this tactic and training and i have to say wow i havent lost a game yet with rangers i am only in october but that is still good i drew with barca 1-1 and beat celtic 2-1 with 10 men thatnx for the tactics u r a legend
ianhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #325
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

managed to get jacques faty, gabriel tamas, busquets (from barcalona) and marcelinho on free's.

biggest signing is marius niculae at 6.75m, wanted an experienced front man to guide the younger strikers and along with tamas in defence we'll hopefully not do too badly.

Last edited by markpitchford; 07-08-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #326
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

first few games and have the feeling this is going to be a struggle, defence isn't quite as solid as i'd hoped and we ain't scoring enough goals.

looking for a decent /experienced keeper but no one wants to come .
Old 09-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #327
Diglet90
Trialist
TD Member

Diglet90 is on a distinguished road

Yo franky, Just like to say thanks this is a good tactic man, played a game with my bro he was man city and I was chelsea and I won league and champs league and wasnt beaten for the whole season, was great but hey listen I got two questions regarding the tactic.

First what are the positive affects of setting wingers and strikers through balls to rarely because I noticed that this leads to the players playing in these positions not spotting key passes, like on the counter attack for example.

And secondly does using your training schedules improve the players stats more than similar schedules that are more rigourous and on 'Very heavy' as opposed to medium???

Get back to me when you can dude.
Easy
Diglet90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:51 AM   #328
MokBull
First Team Player
TD Member

MokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these parts

First of all, great tactic.

Second of all -- well, I was on a 7 game winning streak with Empoli, and then I got the dreaded "The ssave could not be loaded" error message. So going to start again, probably in England this time, and tell you how things are going.
MokBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #329
Big Blue Toaster
Feels There's Too Much Competition For Places
TD Member

Managing: Hellas Verona
Season: 2009/10
Division: Serie C1
Big Blue Toaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglet90 View Post
First what are the positive affects of setting wingers and strikers through balls to rarely because I noticed that this leads to the players playing in these positions not spotting key passes, like on the counter attack for example.

And secondly does using your training schedules improve the players stats more than similar schedules that are more rigourous and on 'Very heavy' as opposed to medium???
I know you asked Franky, but since he hasn't posted in this thread for a while, I thought I'd answer your questions, they are pretty general.

1. I'm not exactly sure why the instructions are set as they are, the only thing I can think of (and I'm guessing here) is that the creator believed that having through balls set to rarely has more positives in more built up attacks than it has negatives in counter attacks.

2. The training schedules that have been posted in this thread by Franky are ones that he created specifically to craft your players into the perfect (or as close as possible) players for his tactic and his tactic only (ie. having high stats in the right places). You'll probably have more success overall with schedules like Tug's Training, but this set will help you to succeed with this tactic.
Big Blue Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #330
FinnBlade
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Sheffield U
Season: 2017-2018
Star Player: G Cicilia
FinnBlade is on a distinguished road

Crappy results with this tactics. Sheffield U first season in Championship. 18th in league. Dropped from cups... Board very dissapointed.

Lets see if i get sacked. Any hints what to change?
FinnBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #331
Big Blue Toaster
Feels There's Too Much Competition For Places
TD Member

Managing: Hellas Verona
Season: 2009/10
Division: Serie C1
Big Blue Toaster is on a distinguished road

This tactic tends to be much more suited to a team with more talented players at a higher level than the Championship, mainly because of it's extremely attacking mentality and overall style that tends to lead to a lot of bad dribbling and missed passes with players of a lesser quality. There's nothing that you can really do to fix your problems with the tactic, apart from getting some new players.

Of course, there could be some tweaks that you could make to the tactic that Franky could tell you about, but I don't think that tweaking would make much of a difference if your results have been so bad.
Big Blue Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #332
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnBlade View Post
Crappy results with this tactics. Sheffield U first season in Championship. 18th in league. Dropped from cups... Board very dissapointed.

Lets see if i get sacked. Any hints what to change?
what sort of issues did you have letting in too many goals or not scoring enough.

know it might sound like a daft question but in my donny game i was generally always in the top 5/6 scoring teams in the league but the defence was usually bottom 4/5.

if you were scoring ok try and reduce the attacking nature of the full backs slightly.

took me a few attempts to fully understand what is needed player wise, but i've got donny into the prem by 2011, when my previous best with my own tactic was 2016.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #333
Helmerzinho
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Newcastle
Season: 2010/2011
Division: FAPML
Star Player: Jonas
Helmerzinho is on a distinguished road

I can say that this works not without the correct setup of players.

i have been testing with a low league norwegian team, and there is just no way i can achieve promotion with this baby.

As now for 2nd season i have managed to get more pacy wingers, and that helps a lot, but still i miss CM's with the correct attributes, and that showes!

im going to continue building the squad for 1 more season, but its VERY had to attract good players when im playing in a low league.

However, playing this with Norwegian giants Rosenborg gives me nothing but wins and a few draws.

This tactic is the best there is out there IF you have the right players!
Helmerzinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #334
m_carter15
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Rangers
Season: 2nd
Division: SPL
Position: 1s
Star Player: Steven Davis
m_carter15 is on a distinguished road

First of all cheers franky. Used your MAN UTD tactic for a while and now going to give this a go with Wolfsburg see if I can recreate the success they had last season IRL.

The level of detail you supply is fantastic and with so many people providing feedback and other suggestions I am looking forward to getting my season under way.

Will report back with details.

First glance at the squad and it could do with a bit of an overhaul. Wish me luck.
m_carter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #335
pimsy
Rolling Contract
TD Member

pimsy is on a distinguished road

Nice one again Franky, using your Man Utd. tactic for quite a while now, with different clubs, and always have success. I will sure try this one next season!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #336
FinnBlade
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpitchford View Post
what sort of issues did you have letting in too many goals or not scoring enough.

know it might sound like a daft question but in my donny game i was generally always in the top 5/6 scoring teams in the league but the defence was usually bottom 4/5.

if you were scoring ok try and reduce the attacking nature of the full backs slightly.

took me a few attempts to fully understand what is needed player wise, but i've got donny into the prem by 2011, when my previous best with my own tactic was 2016.
I'll give it a go with my old Sheffield United save. The squad is in EPL and has quality players. Lets see what happens.

And Suggestions for a tactics to get promoted to EPL (before applying this with proper players)?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #337
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnBlade View Post
And Suggestions for a tactics to get promoted to EPL (before applying this with proper players)?
i did okay first few seasons with my donny squad and from what i remember the sheff u side is a fair bit better, but will have a look tonight and compare it with what i had to get donny promoted.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #338
tmonkey
Trialist
TD Member

tmonkey is on a distinguished road

Struggling with this formation. I'm Newcastle in the Championship and have a good enough team to dominate the league, but it's just not happening with this formation. All of my players have a minimum of 14 for work rate (bar the centrebacks), so I can't figure out what's wrong.

The biggest problem I'm having is that due to the high line and offside trap instructions, I'm having quite a few defenders sent off. I'm only in January and already Coloccini has 4 red cards and 11 yellows - and he's by far the best defender in the Championship stats/ability wise. I'm really tempted to drop the defensive line back a bit and stop playing the offside trap, but I'll stick it out for the second half of the season and report back on how it's going.

My team for the 2nd half will be:

Harper

R.Taylor Coloccini S.Taylor Enrique

Beckham De Guzman

Jonas D'Alessandro

Marquinhos Xisco
tmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #339
anselmo
Trialist
TD Member

anselmo is on a distinguished road

with my own tactic that i made and been using for couple seasons i was successful but in 2013 i tried 3 times but couldn't beat juventus and i was crazy (for example one match i made it 2-0 but somewhat i lost 2-3)

then i decided to try this tactic against juventus in my first match. so here it is:

although i dominated most of the match, i really struggled to score but eventually i made it. i'll use this tactic alternately with my own.
anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #340
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
The biggest problem I'm having is that due to the high line and offside trap instructions, I'm having quite a few defenders sent off. I'm only in January and already Coloccini has 4 red cards and 11 yellows - and he's by far the best defender in the Championship stats/ability wise.
drop any players with tackling on hard to normal, and shift the full backs to zonal marking instead of man.

FinnBlade:

started a game up with sheff utd and the basic team doesnt seem far off whats needed to make use of the tactic, many area likely to be a problem are the centre mids, but i've managed to get a couple in, bodde being one (from swansea).

played 3 games beat doncaster () 4-1 morecombe 5-0 in the league cup and drew with ipswich 1-1 so far.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #341
yenicherry
Trialist
TD Member

yenicherry is on a distinguished road

hello ,

i have been using this tactic on udinese. At the moment i am on February in first season 3rd in the Serie A whils Inter is 15 points clear ahead leaders and Roma on second with a point in front of me. I lost to Atletico Madrid in Quarter Final at UEFA.

My set up is : Handanovic , Ferronetti , Coda , Zapata , Lukovic , Di Natale , D'agustino , Inlet , Pepe , Sanchez ,Quagrielella

From what i see the advantages of this tactic is it has a great attacking mentality. No matter how i score lots of goals. I have no doubt winning against all teams that are weeker then me with a great margin. DC 's are scoring lots of goals and Pepe (RW) has been on smashing form with contributing 29 assists so far.I am playing very nice attacking with great possesion.

The disadvantage from what i experienced so far is against big teams. I hardly even manage to have a shot on goal with Inter , Roma and Milan (both home and away ) and examined that against big teams i conceed really easily.They can score whenever they need a goal and every 1 of 2 shots on goal is a guaranteed score ( this is generally true for all teams ) I tought it could be a problem of GK eventhough Handanovic is a quality keeper , so i replaced him with Belardi on Man City away in UEFA and he conceded also the first 5 shots on goal and i had an embarrasing 5-2 score with him also. Another point is that both full backs are playing below 7.00 on avarege they hardly contribute to anything (no assist no goals) , also they are the very first players to fall below 6,00 when a goal is conceeded. Also it is a miracle that both MC's play above 7,00 at the same time.

Generally tactic is good, thanks for developing this , the best i tried so far but maybe i should tweak in some ways becouse i conceed really easily.
yenicherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #342
FinnBlade
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Hello,

I tested this then with my old SUFC save. Worked quite well. This seems like a tac that could win me the EPL finally!

Now i just need to promote with my new save and get the correct players (don't want to play with all newgens in the old save).
Old 13-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #343
Mazza
Trialist
TD Member

Mazza is on a distinguished road

this tactic is just amazing going forward, just put 4 behind Nantes in the space of 9 minutes. it is less sound defensively though, also conceded 2 in those 9 minutes, but i think that is because my defenders are not really topnotch and quite slow.
Mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #344
m_carter15
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Rangers
Season: 2nd
Division: SPL
Position: 1s
Star Player: Steven Davis
m_carter15 is on a distinguished road

Well so far so good im very impressed.

With wolfsburg I have won all 7 of my preseason games (only tough one was against Espanyol) beat both Tebe Berlin and Kaiserslautern in the cup, Played 6 in the league won 3 drew 3. Drawn with Barcelona, Juventus and Monaco in the champions league and so far I beat Monaco away and Juventus at home.

Attacking is excellent and defensively it looks solid enough. Even more impressed as I dont have all the right players and two of my strikers are struggling due to being linked with moves away.

Lets hope it all continues.

Great work Franky.

m_carter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 12:50 AM   #345
kellybhoy14
Trialist
TD Member

kellybhoy14 is on a distinguished road

I cant download the tactic any ideas why?
kellybhoy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #346
Newnhamlea1
Trialist
TD Member

Newnhamlea1 is on a distinguished road

Not being funny but i preffered the original tactic could you post a download link for the Frankys mufc tactic please cuz that worked really well until i had my hardrive wiped.
thanks.
Newnhamlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #347
Marko
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Second season with Bayern:

Team selection:

League table:

CL final:

DFB final:

Fixtures:

Franky
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 02:03 AM   #348
MokBull
First Team Player
TD Member

MokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these partsMokBull is infamous around these parts

Ah, my game has its ups and downs with this tactic. I beat Rangers 2-0 at home, and then get hammered by Stoke 5-2 away. I doth be quite annoyed.

Given, I'm using West Brom, but still. Gonna keep using this until mid-season unless the results start to get better. I hope I can give Franky a soon.

EDIT: Update, currently 20th in the legue with 1 draw and 6 losses.

Last edited by MokBull; 15-08-2009 at 04:04 PM.
MokBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #349
markpitchford
Hot Prospect
TD Member

managed to win the league cup with donny in 2012-13 season, beat liverpool 4-2 .

for anyone using lower league teams (ie not top division : prem ) keep an eye on the free transfers, brought some outstanding players that have helped build the team this way.
Old 17-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #350
Slynglen
Trialist
TD Member

Slynglen is on a distinguished road

It's an absolutely fantastic tactic. Started out with Torino. Half way through first season I was 14th in serie A. Then switched to this amazing blitz tactic. Finished 7th in the league, and in the second season finished 3rd, only four point behind the winners Roma and won the UEFA cup title.

Alexis Sanchez positioned as striker is absolutely fantastic in this formation. Scored 27 in 33 games in serie a. Try him!! Gasbarroni and Rosina are also marvellous.

Last edited by Slynglen; 18-08-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Slynglen is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2009