The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011

Notices

Old 28-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Default TD Championship - Semi-Final Draw

So with the submissions deadline closing for Round Two, we can start looking forward to the next round. There will be two groups of 10, forming the semi-finals with the top 4 from each group progressing to the final 8 showdown.

Qualifiers from the Round Two groups are as below and will be updated once each mod confirms who has made it from their group:

Group A:
P_3
patchybabe
alcoholic
Rowse

Group B:
Stouters
soulmann
A_McKenna

Group C:
Al0n
jt8604
Linger

Group D:
RedMeccha
kgok
Eviscerated Jobby
mattcfc

Group E:
pretecf
gsjwilliams88
TTGB
Maestro Ugo

Best Placed Losers
Baz
fsquid

We should get this all finished up with the new challenges posted by the end of the weekend so just a little patience in the meantime and we'll be good to go.

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom

Last edited by Shrewnaldo; 29-05-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Rowse
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Managing: Bristol City
Season: 2014-15
Division: Premier League
Position: 2
Star Player: Dimi Berbatov
Rowse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to thank the admins of the challenges for their time and effort. It cant be easy fitting this in around "real life" especially when there are deadlines. It's hard enough trying to do the challenge in time!

I'm just praying that the Semi-final draw/challenge gets put up at some point today/early tomorrow so that I can try and make use of the Bank Holiday tomorrow to get a few hours in!
Rowse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

It's looking very likely that we'll only have 3 qualifiers from at least one group so even if you haven't finished in the top four in your group, please keep an eye on this thread as you could make it through as a well-placed loser. You're still a loser though

Follow me on Twitter

Old 29-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
mattcfc
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: stoke
Season: 12/13
Division: prem
Position: 5
Star Player: crouch
mattcfc is on a distinguished road

ha ha ha shrew, well im well chuffed i was in the top 4 out of 6 in the end, nice one. cant wait for this now, still signed off sick til weds!!!
mattcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Iker
is terrible at FM.
TD Member

Iker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
It's looking very likely that we'll only have 3 qualifiers from at least one group so even if you haven't finished in the top four in your group, please keep an eye on this thread as you could make it through as a well-placed loser. You're still a loser though

There's still a little hope.
Iker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
JT
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Managing: Tachira/Venezue
Season: 17/18
Division: Premiership
Position: 1
Star Player: Rafael Valencia
JT is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to the semis....

but i sense the challenges are going to be brutal having looked at the last rounds

Crystal Palace 15/16
Venezuela C&C 14/15
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Ok, all the qualifiers are now listed above. You will be split into two groups, to be announced shortly, and then myself and Ben will post the two semi-final challenges for you all to complete.

Initial plan was to allow competitors until the 10th June to complete the semi-final challenge. Unless the challenges aren't available by end of play tomorrow then I plan to stick to this.

Follow me on Twitter

Old 30-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #8
kgok
Feels There's Too Much Competition For Places
TD Member

kgok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewnaldo View Post
Ok, all the qualifiers are now listed above. You will be split into two groups, to be announced shortly, and then myself and Ben will post the two semi-final challenges for you all to complete.

Initial plan was to allow competitors until the 10th June to complete the semi-final challenge. Unless the challenges aren't available by end of play tomorrow then I plan to stick to this.
Is it possible to may be extend that by 1 week? I may struggle to get it done by the 10th June. Of course i'll give it my best shot to complete it, but I am almost certain I will complete it if the deadline is extended to 17th June.
kgok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #9
fsquid
Hot Prospect
TD Member

fsquid is on a distinguished road

How in God's name am I in the semis?
fsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
Rowse
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgok View Post
Is it possible to may be extend that by 1 week? I may struggle to get it done by the 10th June. Of course i'll give it my best shot to complete it, but I am almost certain I will complete it if the deadline is extended to 17th June.
Maybe I'm being a bit of a c*** here but I would say no! The whole point of the challenge is to have a challenging deadline that means you have to put a lot of things on hold, make time for it, and show that you have the dedication needed to be the challenge champion.

Maybe I'm taking this a bit too seriously but now we are in the semi-finals we shouldn't need more than two weeks. We have all already completed two challenges and we know the score. Ultimately though it's up to the mods.
Old 30-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
Baz
Banned
Banned

Star Player: Torres
Baz will become famous soon enough

Best placed loser wahoo!

Looking forward to seeing the semi final games.

Also, last years final was World Cup orientated, so I reckon next years final should be Olympics based.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Eviscerated Jobby
Squad Rotation
TD Member

Managing: Invergordon
Season: 2024/25
Division: SPL
Star Player: MauricioTheiler
Eviscerated Jobby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowse View Post
Maybe I'm being a bit of a c*** here but I would say no! The whole point of the challenge is to have a challenging deadline that means you have to put a lot of things on hold, make time for it, and show that you have the dedication needed to be the challenge champion.
I'd say the point of the challenge is to see who can do the best, the deadline is just here to make sure people don't take a thousand years to take their go. I'll get it all done early enough so the deadline doesn't fuss me much personally, & I'd see if I'm making it to the final or failing near the last hurdle ASAP but if it means less chance of people going through by default then I'd not be totally opposed to an extension.

"Capitalism is a social cancer. It has always been a social cancer. It is the disease of society. It is the malignancy of society." - Murray Bookchin
Eviscerated Jobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Groups have been drawn as follows:

Group A (Shrewnaldo)
P_3
Rowse
Stouters
A_McKenna
Al0n
kgok
Eviscerated Jobby
pretecf
TTGB
fsquid

Group B (Ben)
patchybabe
alcoholic
soulmann
jt8604
Linger
RedMeccha
mattcfc
gsjwilliams88
Maestro Ugo
Baz

I've taken the decision to extend the deadline to Sunday 12th June. Mostly because I won't get the challenge thread up until tonight and then it will take a little time to get everything started. You'll understand when you see it. Hopefully, that'll allow everyone enough time to compete too.

Follow me on Twitter

Old 30-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
kgok
Feels There's Too Much Competition For Places
TD Member

kgok is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Maybe I'm taking this a bit too seriously but now we are in the semi-finals we shouldn't need more than two weeks. We have all already completed two challenges and we know the score. Ultimately though it's up to the mods.
But there are certain things like exams that people cannot put on hold due to the significance of them. I have an exam on the 13th which is massive for me and although i wil try to complete it by the 10th, i consider my exams more important. I am much more likely to complete the save if the deadline was the week after. Look how many people pulled out in the last round because they had exams.

Last edited by kgok; 30-05-2011 at 12:10 PM.
kgok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
RedMeccha
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Managing: Carlisle
Season: 2nd
Division: nPower League 2
Star Player: Felipe Morais
RedMeccha is on a distinguished road

Its the classic FM vs real life debate again...seen it a lot in the forum all these years...and the conclusion will always be the same...your real life first.

Come on guys, i also have tons of work to do in early June. So i just try to do the best in the given time. If you cannot complete the challenge say you're sorry...no harm done. Just do the best in the time given to you to play the game.
RedMeccha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
Rowse
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeccha View Post
Its the classic FM vs real life debate again...seen it a lot in the forum all these years...and the conclusion will always be the same...your real life first
For me it's the other way around!
Old 30-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
RedMeccha
Bench Warmer
TD Member

Managing: Carlisle
Season: 2nd
Division: nPower League 2
Star Player: Felipe Morais
RedMeccha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For me it's the other way around!
Its a free world after all, in FM & real life
RedMeccha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
TTGB
Top Notch Talent
TD Member

TTGB is on a distinguished road

The Semi Final deadline shouldn't be a problem but go on hols on 13th June so might miss the final if I get through, but that depends on how long we get for the final.
TTGB is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > General Discussion > Football Manager 2011