The Dugout Football Manager Community

Go Back   The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > Football Manager 2012 > Tactics and Training > Downloadable Tactics

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Brobs17 is on a distinguished road

Default 4-3-3 - Classic - Brobs17 FM12 Flawless Tactic 12.0.4

Brobs17 FM12 Flawless Tactic 12.0.4

Basic Info
Attacking, Fluid Football. Will win you everything

Hello guys, as many other tactic makers have released their take on FM12 12.0.4 patch and the fact that sooo many people are inboxing me to make a tactic for the first patch of FM 12 I thought I better respond and make you guys a tactic on par with my previous 11.3 ultimate tactic! Well look no further as the process is now complete and I'm bringing out a tactic which again complements EVERY team, I just want to reiterate that point that any team can use this tactic.

It is pretty damn incredible once again, I first started the tactic with Liverpool and and I've won every cup for 3 years running. So I decided to test this with Stoke predicted 14th and I've never seen results like it. Currently I'm undefeated, top of the premierships by 2 points and a game in hand so will go 5 points clear when I win, whilst absolutely dominating wins and (I really mean complete domination) over Arsenal and Man Utd away from home (at Old trafford and the Emirates). The only 2 draws I have is when i've dominated but somehow the opposition keeper has had the game of his life - very annoying.

The Tactic is again on how I think Football should be played. Football is not about short passing but about selecting the right pass whether long or short - its about having a Plan B if Plan A is not working. The only way way that this tactic may slip up on is if the game cheats you out of a win and with the AI keeper having the game of this life which is pretty damn frustrating.

The Tactic is based on zonal positioning so the team know there jobs and positioning before a ball has even been kicked rather than basing marking on how the opposition set up and altering the positioning of the team depending on how AI plays i.e different opposing formations. The current ME is based upon fluid attacking play for those who want to make their own tactic and another big tip of mine is enabling players to hold up the ball.

So down to the tactic:

It is a 4-1-2-3 formation (my specialty)

(make sure these settings/rules are followed):

PLEASE PLUG IN THIS TACTIC AT THE VERY START OF THE GAME OR IN PRE-SEASON IF YOU ARE IN YOUR SECOND SEASON.

Pitch Size: Minimum
Plug and Play tactic (classic)
NO Opposition Instructions
Team talks to assistant manager
No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Right I have discovered a HUGE improvement to this tactic which will make it completely dominant. It is to do with Match Preparation:
Put:

Work Load: Very High
Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning

I cannot tell you how well this has improved the tactic. Let me know how it goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player requirements:

GK: Jumping, Reflexes, One on Ones and Rushing out
CBs Jumping, heading,stamina, tackling and marking
FBs Positioning Tackling Pace Heading Marking Team Work Workrate
DMC Passing, tackling, marking, stamina.
CMS Pass and technique and workrate
For 3 Strikers Pace,dribbling,technique, acceleration,off the ball and finishing.

PLUG AND PLAY TACTIC. Do not tinker with the tactic

Set-piece are set up in the tactic.

Give it 7-8 games to settle in and do not tinker with the tactic or put OI's on. Although it should be working quicker than this if you have plugged it in at pre-season. Please plug and play this and do not let the computer simulate results.

On team instructions I have ticked counter attack, use target man and use playmaker. It gets the ball up to the strikers more quicker by enabling this in the team instructions. There is no specific playmaker/target man so do NOT drag players into the 'playermaker' or 'target man' option.

If my team goes down to 10 men = Take the RIGHT-SIDED central midfielder off... its vital to keep 3 strikers in this tactic, due to the special marking upfront.

Here is some proof of the tactic with Stoke and Liverpool: (Apologises That I couldn't get many fixture results with Liverpool - The game doesn't allow me to look at match stats etc anymore but it results include beating man city 5-0 and man utd 7-0 away)

Let me know what you think of it, any enjoy the tactic especially those of you who prefer to manage smaller clubs! I'm certain you will enjoy it, have fun. (Tactic is at the bottom of the post)

NOTE: Please don't re-distribute without my prior consent.

UPDATE NUMBER 1:
Match Preparation:
Put:

UPDATE NUMBER 2:

PUT STLR AND STRL to cross 'often' instead of sometimes

These two updates will make this tactic magical and very hard to beat

HEY GUYS, WHATS AGAIN I REITERATE THAT THIS TACTIC IS NOT FOR THE CURRENT PATCH (12.1) BUT FOR THE LAST PATCH 12.0.4. THIS TACTIC WAS NOT BUILT FOR THIS PATCH HENCE WHY IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I AM WORKING ON ONE FOR THE CURRENT PATCH WITH A NEW FORMATION.

A Asysemetric 4-1-1-2-2 and its looking very good indeed. Whilst waiting for this tactic follow me on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/#!/Brobs17
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FC Bayern v Liverpool (Stats_ Player Ratings).jpg (34.0 KB, 1184 views)
File Type: jpg Ben Roberts (News_ Inbox).jpg (39.5 KB, 482 views)
File Type: jpg English Premier Division (Overview_ Stages)-8.jpg (34.4 KB, 531 views)
File Type: jpg Arsenal v Stoke (Stats_ Player Ratings)-2.jpg (35.2 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg Arsenal v Stoke (Stats_ Match Stats)-3.jpg (48.4 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg Stoke City (Fixtures_ Fixtures)-4.jpg (51.4 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg Stoke City (Fixtures_ Fixtures)-2.jpg (49.6 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg Stoke City (Tactics_ Overview).jpg (65.2 KB, 2436 views)
File Type: jpg Standard v Stoke (Information_ Overview).jpg (33.5 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg Man Utd v Stoke (Stats_ Match Stats).jpg (48.2 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg Man Utd v Stoke (Stats_ Player Ratings).jpg (35.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Man Utd v Stoke (Information_ Overview).jpg (33.5 KB, 422 views)
Attached Files
File Type: tac Brobs17 4-1-2-3 12.1 (Liverpool, Dec 2013).tac (1.1 KB, 6390 views)

Last edited by Brobs17; 25-01-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Brobs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
thegodfathergary
Rolling Contract
TD Member

thegodfathergary is on a distinguished road

In pre-season with Napoli so will give this one a whizz and let you know my results and how I get on
thegodfathergary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
firatdizdar
Trialist
TD Member

firatdizdar is on a distinguished road

I am a real fan of your all tactics, i will definetly try it mate. Thank you very much.
firatdizdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
littlej0hn
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Tottenham
Season: 2016/17
Division: Premiership
Position: 1
Star Player: Mario Gotze
littlej0hn is on a distinguished road

Giving this ago in pre-season with my 3rd season spurs side. So far so good but its hard to tell with poor opposition. My Costa Rica side didn't fair too well in Gold Cup with it but then they are awful!

I'll let u know how it goes
littlej0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
f6132750
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Man City
Season: 09/10
Division: Premier League
Star Player: Phil Jagielka
f6132750 is on a distinguished road

The way you describe the tactic and your results seem are impressive. I like the idea that you don't have to tinker too much and there has been no AI crack on your Liverpool side in 3 seasons.

I have started a new game and I am going to use this with Everton. I have already ended Royston Drenthe's loan (getting 50k/week and his position doesnt fit into the tactic) and sent Bilaytedinov and hibbert out on loan. This has allowed me to buy 2 strikers and a defensive midfileder.

Starting line up will be Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Albelda (signing), Cahill, Fellaini, Saha, Suazo(signing), Martinez(signing).

Pretty good line up in my opinion and if it does work for any team it should work with this line up - I'm expecting top 6 at least (which I have struggled to get in my other save with Everton (finished 9th).

Just one question - plug and play is this actually soemthing you have to select on the game or is it just a fancy term for selecting the tactic and not tinkering with it?
f6132750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
f6132750
Trialist
TD Member

First few games have been:

Wigan 1 v 1 Everton
Everton 1 v 1 United
Liverpool 2 v 1 Everton
Everton 1 v 0 Torquay
Everton 1 v 1 Swansea

Not a great start to be honest. I have been unlucky in some of the games, how I never won the Wigan game was beyond me and I played very well against United (created more chances) but was then poor against Liverpool and disappointed at the Swansea result.

I am going to stick with it though, I actually really like the way the tactic plays especially between the front men.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #7
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Hey man don't worry stick with it the results will improve drastically, it sometimes take a little while because your team is not familiar with the tactic

Sometimes the game doesn't want us to win a game with either the keeper being superman or the strikers can't learn how find the net (or maybe a mix of the two) which is very frustrating I know
Old 05-11-2011, 03:23 AM   #8
Allez_Malherbe
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: Aberdeen
Season: 2011/12
Division: SPL
Position: NA
Star Player: NA
Allez_Malherbe is on a distinguished road

Very nice mate 45 minutes in with Celta Vigo scored 3 goals against Valladolid this is from team struggled get a shot in target previous three matches.
Allez_Malherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
vesterbro125
Trialist
TD Member

vesterbro125 is on a distinguished road

Works good so far my freind
vesterbro125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
mattcfc
Promising Youngster
TD Member

Managing: stoke
Season: 12/13
Division: prem
Position: 5
Star Player: crouch
mattcfc is on a distinguished road

works good mate, like you have stated you need to give it a few games bit im playing as stoke and i battered a team 8-2 in a euro qualifier, drew 1-1 with chelsea and beat liverpool at anfield 1-0. it also releases some funds too as etherington and pennant are no longer required, you can achive a 6 million price for etherington easy, a decent defensive midfielder is a must and i have yet to find one yet so arismendi and salif the snail take these duties between them. i like it though mate.stoke have an abundment of big tall srikers and with the tricky fuller back from injury its all good
mattcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
littlej0hn
Rolling Contract
TD Member

got to say this has been a very effective tactic. so far only lost twice Away to liverpool and Real Madrid 2-0 and 3-0 respectively.

I'm not really smasing teams though. ad e odd 5-0 and 5-1 against Everton and Sunderland but one thing has been sorted....my leaky defence. For te las two seasons I ave scored 90+ goals...i don see myself scoring so many bu only 8 in 12 let in is pretty good by my standards....at the same time not sure if it is down to new signings at the back...m'villa and azpilicueta
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #12
Miroc
Wants First Team Football
TD Member

Managing: gave up on FM13
Miroc is just really niceMiroc is just really niceMiroc is just really niceMiroc is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6132750 View Post
Just one question - plug and play is this actually soemthing you have to select on the game or is it just a fancy term for selecting the tactic and not tinkering with it?
The latter - download and go for it.

The alternative to this seems to be concept tactics where the tactic creator tries to mimic a certain style (Barcelona style, or Bielsa 3 man defence for example) or create a tactic to suit a certain player (like my ill-fated attempt to create a system last year in whihc Fabregas didnt look like an overpaid workhorse).

In these cases full tactical effectiveness is sometime sacrificed in order for things to "look right", and the creators normally warn you of that so that you dont try it for 3 games and then say "this is crap, Brobs 433 is better!"
Miroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #13
f6132750
Trialist
TD Member

Its started to click but took a while. All the way through to the end of October I was playing really poor and I was 14th (with Everton). However I won every game in November and have now just won my 8th game in a row, beating Man City and Chelsea in the process.

Anyone who uses the tactic I would suggest to stick with it, even past the first 6-8 games because ultimately it will kick in.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
bri h
Trialist
TD Member

bri h is on a distinguished road

Managing my team newcastle i won the league first season with a different tactic .I decided to change to this tactic and its been great .With 8 league games to go im top of the league ive won the league cup in the semis of the fa cup an the quaters of the champions league .jus beat barca at home inthe first leg of the quaters 3:2
bri h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
kev1916
Trialist
TD Member

kev1916 is on a distinguished road

Hey Brobs for the first 8 or 9 games this tactic was amazing...won every game then i lost the next 3 away games!

what went wrong and how can i stop this?
kev1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #16
f6132750
Trialist
TD Member

Ok 2011/12 season summary of this tactic with Everton. After first 8 games I was 14th with 9 points. I finished the last 30 games winning 22, drawing 5, and losing 3. The position I finished was 3rd, I won the league cup and got to the semis in the fa cup.

The tactic, once the players got used to it was fantastic. My forward line wasn't great but it still performed well.

Massive thumbs up, I think its and uber tactic.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
Castar
Trialist
TD Member

Castar is on a distinguished road

Fantastic tactic, won me the Belgian Pro League easily (no losses!), but more importantly, I won the EURO Cup with AA Gent (granted, I am already in my third season, but other than an awesome striker my players are still distinctly average).

I think you do need to mention that it abuses corner tactics. I didn't really mind, as it often merely meant the difference between winning 2 - 0 or winning 3 - 0, but some players (of the game) really just hate seeing a central defender with 15+ goals per season
Castar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #18
kev1916
Trialist
TD Member

kev1916 is on a distinguished road

What are you guys doing to make the tactic stay fresh and win games??

i get found out after 8-12 games.
kev1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
MitchMoth
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Fulham
Season: 2014
Position: 7
Star Player: Alex Kacaniklic
MitchMoth is on a distinguished road

Will try this tonight with Fulham. Already playing the classic 4-3-3 in pre-season, so will switch to this. It looks like it will make the most of Murphy, Sidwell and Etuhu which is great. I'll report back!
MitchMoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #20
exorcist
Trialist
TD Member

exorcist is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished my first season using this tactic with really good results.I am playing as West Ham and i won The Championship with 108 points.I bought in Macheda on loan and played him as the central striker and he scored 42 goals.
Just played first match in Premier League away at Everton and went down 2-1 but had more possession and more shots on target.......
exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #21
MitchMoth
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Fulham
Season: 2014
Position: 7
Star Player: Alex Kacaniklic
MitchMoth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchMoth View Post
Will try this tonight with Fulham. Already playing the classic 4-3-3 in pre-season, so will switch to this. It looks like it will make the most of Murphy, Sidwell and Etuhu which is great. I'll report back!
First six games, admittedly four Europa qualifiers and two friendlies, but I'm unbeaten. 5 wins, 1 draw. Only one game with less than four scored for me. Senderos has scored in every game including one hatrick, so corners are a real threat.
MitchMoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
Vacant
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Managing: CSKA Moscow
Vacant is on a distinguished road

Really succesful with Nottm Forest for me over two seasons, promotion followed by a push for Europe first season in the EPL (+ a League Cup Win)
Must say I don't really enjoy watching this tactic that much, but has been really effective.
I also had Macheda as the central striker on loan, as well as some fella called Armenteros - both rocked this tactic.
Vacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #23
GlenGoddy
Decent Youngster
TD Member

Season: 2012/13
Position: 2
Star Player: Luka Modric
GlenGoddy is on a distinguished road

Malaga win La Liga in first season... this tactic rocks mate. Only got Welbeck on loan and retrained Cazorla and Joaquin to CM and ST respectively.

seems like you've cracked this patch bud
Old 10-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
Jamo
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: Aston Villa
Season: 16/17
Star Player: Benteke
Jamo is on a distinguished road

It's fab.. top of the league, won 6 consecutive, then another 6, only losing to Celtic, Hibs and Rangers. My team has stumbled a bit lately, but i think thats just a case of exhaustion..
Jamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #25
Jackletaxi
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Jackletaxi is on a distinguished road

Ace tactic mate!!!!! Nearly gave up halfway through my first season but it kicked in and we finished second in the championship. Lost my first two in the big league and so far we've won the next 25 games including 2 at man u. Amazingly my centre back is averaging a goal every 2 games.

Well done & thanks for the tactic
Jackletaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #26
nunovski
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Napoli
Season: 2013/14
Division: Serie A
Star Player: Edinson Cavani
nunovski is on a distinguished road

Are there any tweaks you can do when playing away? I'm managing Napoli and sometimes when I'm playing away I struggle to create chances... Otherwise it's a great tactic!
nunovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #27
Stevie4981
Trialist
TD Member

Stevie4981 is on a distinguished road

Great tactic 1 question how do you get so many players on the same option on the attacking corner? I only get the option to swap players when i try to put more than 1 player on lurk outside area.
Stevie4981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #28
Al0ntelli
Banned
Banned

Al0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really niceAl0ntelli is just really nice

I might be being a bit of a spaz here, but how do you get the arrows?
Al0ntelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #29
Stevie4981
Trialist
TD Member

Stevie4981 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al0n View Post
I might be being a bit of a spaz here, but how do you get the arrows?
Right click on the player and drag him in the direction you want.
Stevie4981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #30
shane9151
Trialist
TD Member

shane9151 is on a distinguished road

Default brobs rare tactic

hi brob i've been using your fm11 tactic brobs rarely in fm12 as leeds in championship patch 3. this is working well as i'm second in league and in the semis of league cup but will try your new tactic , keep up the good work cup
shane9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #31
nunovski
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Managing: Napoli
Season: 2013/14
Division: Serie A
Star Player: Edinson Cavani
nunovski is on a distinguished road

Just a question, does Pastore fit anywhere in this tactic?
nunovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #32
PaulJRJ
Trialist
TD Member

Season: 1st
Division: Premier
Star Player: Robinho
PaulJRJ is on a distinguished road

Well this tactic is fantastic for me. I've got got AFC W'don into the Championship but was struggling until I started using this. Thank yo Brobs17 for doing such a good job. Lots of high scoring victories, particular highlights being a 7-1 win vs Shef Weds (A) and a 9-2 win vs Bolton (A)

See attached image for my results since starting to use this tactic.

Against the advice of Brobs17, I do tweak team settings for each match; Mentality & Defensive line I tend to reduce if the opposition is good, and I play all matches with Tackling set to Normal. When set to hard I was getting a player sent off virtually every game. Normal doesn't appear to have compromised the tactic at all.

Thanks again Brobs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg donsresults.jpg (54.4 KB, 159 views)
PaulJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #33
Thebigdawg.
Trialist
TD Member

Managing: CSKA Almaty
Season: 12/13
Division: Kazakh Super Lg
Position: 2
Thebigdawg. is on a distinguished road

Eh basically i've started using this tactic after struggling in mid table with CSKA Almaty of Kazakhstan. I did go against the advice and threw it in halfway thru the season however I'll let the results do the talking;

CSKA 4-0 Tobyl (rubbish team)
Aktobe 0-4 CSKA (Good team but doing rubbish this year)
CSKA 0-2 Astana (top of league)
Jetysu 1-4 CSKA (they were 3rd)
Shakhter Karagandy 0-4 CSKA (they were 2nd)
CSKA 2-1 Kayrat (mid table team)
CSKA 5-0 Ordabassy (rubbish team)

So that's a record of P7 W6 D0 L1 when i previously had P13 W5 D4 L4

Also scored 23 in those 7 games and only conceding 4.

What's more astonishing is my record with the Kazakh national team, okay i've only played 2 games but

Kazakhstan 3-1 Iraq (they're 70th odd in the world i'm around 110th)
Kazakhstan 3-1 Sweden! (I also created 6 CCC's in this match!)

Great tactic, i simply cannot stop scoring goals with it.

Only negative aspect as i seem to get a lot of players booked, however as i say in my press conferences "it shows the lads got stuck in, which is fine by me!"
Thebigdawg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #34
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Thanks for all the feedback once again. Don't worry this tactic is more of a very good tactic for the patch, I won't be making an ultimate tactic until the final patch because its too frustrating to see it not work once a new patch is installed (Plus we don't want to give the SI ME makers any ideas do we ;-) ) So I prefer to keep some of my ideas under wwraps until the final patch . So don't worry if it hasn't worked for you but wait until the final patch until you see the ultimate tactic FM 12 tactic from me again and if it worked for you (which is many, many of you from your wonderful feedback) Then keep up the good fun . See you'all all soon!
Old 19-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #35
snorth8554
Trialist
TD Member

snorth8554 is on a distinguished road

Hi Brobs, this tactic has really helped me with my Newcastle save, did not need to buy any players either. Do you have any input on training for players in the various positions?
snorth8554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #36
WestHamGaz
Banned
Banned

WestHamGaz is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
FM Awards: Worst Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Hey Brob, used your tactic in FM11 with good effect, i have not yet purchased FM12 and i'll show you why, below is the league table and some results/stats from some of my matches whilst still playing the Demo.

Table

Some results/stats

Strangely my own tactic from FM11 is working better than ever and i'm torn as to whether to purchase FM12 just to give it a go.

Good tactic you have there btw, just a shite game.

Last edited by EA; 22-11-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: image spoilers
WestHamGaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #37
EA
Squad Rotation
TD Member

Managing: Valencia
Season: 2021/22
Division: La Liga
EA has disabled reputation

WestHamGaz

Are those pictures related to using this tactic in FM12?

If yes, please spoiler them and explain your feedback because its not clear. That feedback needs to specific to the tactic.

If no, and its a moan about the game then I don't see what the value is to this particular thread.

Please clarify, thanks.
EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #38
finkle
Bench Warmer
TD Member

finkle has disabled reputation

It think he's showing the tactic is good but the game's got it in for him
finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #39
Kaj
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Kaj is on a distinguished road

The tactic has been abit hit and miss for me. im playing as Coventry in the second season and started using the tactic 8 games in. Initially it looked promising and i got a few great results including a 6-0 win away at leeds. After about 15 games with the tactic, progress slowed down and i went on a winless run of about 7 games shipping a lot of set piece goals, not scoring and getting a player sent off in every game.

I have now slipped into mid table and am worried that my team are possibly not good enough for the tactic to work effectively. Any tips to get me back to winning ways
Kaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #40
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Right I have discovered a HUGE improvement to this tactic which will make it completely dominant. It is to do with Match Preparation:
Put:

I cannot tell you how well this has improved the tactic. Let me know how it goes.
Old 29-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #41
littlej0hn
Rolling Contract
TD Member

yeah i'll give it ago....my resuls have gone off the boil recently
Old 30-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #42
harvinchal
Trialist
TD Member

harvinchal is on a distinguished road

The tactic dint' really work for me. I played as Newcastle. First few games were okay but after that I struggled against lower half teams and lost almost all of the away games. No hope competing with the big guys, In my last game i got battered by Man Utd 6 - 0 away.
harvinchal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #43
steel09
Trialist
TD Member

steel09 is on a distinguished road

how do i download the tactic using a mac?
steel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #44
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

UPDATE NUMBER 1:
Match Preparation:
Put:

UPDATE NUMBER 2:

PUT STLR AND STRL to cross 'often' instead of sometimes

These two updates will make this tactic magical and very hard to beat
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #45
Playerslacker
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Leeds united
Season: 11/12
Star Player: leo bustos
Playerslacker is an unknown quantity at this point

if you put workload on very high good luck getting your players to improve there stats from training
Playerslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #46
Brobs17
Rolling Contract
TD Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerslacker View Post
if you put workload on very high good luck getting your players to improve there stats from training
Are you dumb? Gametime for player improves the stats of the player 10 times the rate of an average training session. Think before you speak
Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #47
Shrewnaldo
Inventor of TDPL
TD Member

Managing: Rapid Wien-AUT
Shrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of lightShrewnaldo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobs17 View Post
Are you dumb? Gametime for player improves the stats of the player 10 times the rate of an average training session. Think before you speak
Watch your tone, Brobs. There's no need to react like that. And if you are going to throw around theories like the above for game time v training, perhaps you could provide us with some evidence?

Follow me on Twitter

FM Veteran - an addict's ramblings on FM in blog form

There's nothing common about sense, nor anything conventional about wisdom
Shrewnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #48
Playerslacker
Reserve Team Player
TD Member

Managing: Leeds united
Season: 11/12
Star Player: leo bustos
Playerslacker is an unknown quantity at this point

in all fairness my post was a little negative and i could have framed it a little better .
brobs was simply jumping to the defence of his tactic so for that i will apolagise
However without definative proof i foind you statment on traing time v play time to be somewhat ludicruss . It may well benefit those playing in the 1st team squad for instance , But what about the kids and the reserve team you still have them on high workload and playing in reserve and youth team games does not give the same improvemnt from playtime as they get in the 1st team squad

Also saying your THE best tactics creator around on this forum is laughable ,arogant and down right disrespecrfull to all the ppl who make tactics some hard work goes into them

dont get me wrong brobs when i 1st starting posting on these forums i came across as a bit of a twat myself . i was soon pulled up by the mods and shown the error of my ways hehe <looks at shrew> .P just be nice man there a great bunch of ppl on here who only try to help each other
Playerslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #49
gobl1in
Decent Youngster
TD Member

gobl1in is on a distinguished road

I take it that means nuff said on the subject. I will get round to trying this tactic at some point but currently trying EA's phoenix. As I do not have free time available to mess around with tactics I really on others and appreciate the work they put in to creating the, however I have always been a fan of Franky's tactics but note he does not appear o be posting these days. Keep up the good work tactic creators, ps something useful with wingers I would definately go for
gobl1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #50
EA
Squad Rotation
TD Member

Managing: Valencia
Season: 2021/22
Division: La Liga
EA has disabled reputation

All - enough is enough. Some posts are on topic and other are not. Of those there some that are funny and some infantile but I'm going to put my foot down in here and say a line is drawn. No more insults whether in jest or not otherwise this gets locked down. All warned. Thanks.
EA is offline   Reply With Quote

The Dugout Football Manager Community > All FM/CM Games > Football Manager 2012 > Tactics and Training > Downloadable Tactics